The Republic of Mordovia
Special offers for the FIFA World Cup 2018
On the 16th , 17th, 19th, 25th, 26th, 28th and 29th of June public transport and shuttle buses (Stadium — North and East car park, Airport — Fan Fest) will be working free of charge.
On the days of matches (16th, 19th, 25th, 28th of June) the Mordovian Republican Museum of Fine Arts will give 50% discounts for entry tickets plus free audio guides to persons with FAN ID.
Events during the FIFA World Cup 2018
14th of June to 15th of July — venues with interactive programs and concerts: Eco Park on Mohovaya St., Venue “Last Mile” (before the Mordovia Arena Stadium), Presentation Zone on the Mordovia Arena Stadium, the Millenium Square, in the Pushkin Recreation Park.
On the 16th, 19th, 25th and 28th of June the Mordovian Republican Museum of Fine Arts named after S.D. Erzia, the Mordovian Republican Joint Local Lore Museum named after I.D. Voronin and the Memorial Museum of Military and Labour Feat of 1941-1945 will be working twenty-four hours.
12th of June — 15th of July — Festival of FIFA Fans in Saransk (Soviet Square)
15-29th of June — XXII Republican Festival of Arts and Crafts “Shumbrat, Mordovia!” (Mordovian State Philarmonics — Republican Cultural Center)
27-28th of June — XVII International Festival “Veise-jazz 2018” (Yaushev State Musical Theatre of the Republic of Mordovia)
28-29th of June — Festival of Hospitality “Samovarfest” (the Millenium Square)
Days of games (16th, 19th, 25th, 28th of June) — Festival-Presentation of artist collectives of the Republic of Mordovia “Vivat CHAMPIONSHIP!” (Venue “Last Mile” and Presentation Zone on the Mordovia Arena Stadium)
30th of June — 13th of July — art festival of artist collectives of the Mordovian State Philarmonics — Republican Cultural Center “Welcome to Mordovia!” (Mordovian State Philarmonics — Republican Cultural Center).
Tours in the region during the World Cup
- Saransk: the Last Mile
- “Shumbrat, Saransk!” (Hello Saransk!)
- “The Call of Torama”
- The Beer Mile: route for beer lovers
- Evening route: gastronomical dinner and nightlife
- A walk around evening streets of Saransk visiting the best bars of the city
- Routes for families with children up to 12 years old
What to taste in Saransk
“Bear Paw” — cutlet covered with crackers imitating bear claws.
Pachat — Mordovian pancakes
Kurgonya — tarts with potato filling
Dishes of traditional Mordovian cuisine are available in the Mordovskoye Podvorye restaurant (Saransk, 21 Saranskaya St.), café U Lukomorya (Saransk, 59a Kommunisticheskaya St.), art-café Maska (Saransk, 36 B.Hmelnitskogo St.).
- Dolls in traditional attire — erzianka and mokshanka.
- Wooden toys from Tavla.
- Artworks with national Mordovian embroidering (panels, napkins and tablecloths)
- Felt Boots from Urus (Urusovskiye Valenki)
- Products of the Atyashevo Trade Mark
- Cheeses of the Ichalkovsky cheese-making plant and the Sarmich dairy plant
- Liqueurs and vodka of the Saransky alcoholic beverage plant. Vodka “Vastoma” (“meeting”) and the Mordovian (“Mordovsky”) Balm.
- Sweets of the Lamzur confectionary plant.
- Natural condensed milk of the Saransk canning plant
Top of Sights
- The Mordovian Republican Museum of Fine Arts named after S.D. Erzia
- The Cathedral of St. Theodore Ushakov
- Mordovskoye Podvorye ethnographic museum complex
- The Millenium Square
- The Pushkin Recreation Park
- The Mordovian Republican Joint Local Lore Museum named after I.D. Voronin
- Viewpoint from the N.P. Ogarev’s Mordovia State University
- Ioanno-Bogoslovsky Makarovsky Monastery
- Center of National Culture
- Ethno-Kudo Ethnographic Museum named after V. Romashkin
Four points by Sheraton Saransk 5* (will be opened in spring of 2018), Mercure Saransk Center 4* (will be opened in spring of 2018), Meridian 4*, Admiral 4*, Saransk 3*.
Tour operators organizing tours in the region
UNION Travel Company (phone +7 (8342) 38-61-16).
- From/to Moscow by air.
- Direct trains (train stations of Saransk and Ruzayevka) from/to Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhny Novgorod, Samara, Volgograd, Rostov-on-Don, Sochi.
- Direct buses from/to Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan, Samara, Volgograd.