Jun 18, 2018
Infrastructure essentials for tourists-spectators — from airport and hotels to stadium and tours!
Khrabrovo Airport is situated 20 km from Kaliningrad and had completed its massive reconstruction before the World Cup. During the FIFA World Cup 2018 the airport will have:
- 70% World Cup guests
- 1 950 passengers per hour
- 46 800 people per day
- Arriving: 50 passport control booths
- Departure: 60 passport control booths
Domestic flights: Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Minsk, Ekaterinburg, Kazan, Ufa, Novy Urengoi, Cherepovets, Syktyvkar, Krasnodar
International flights: Warsaw, Riga, Barcelona, Tashkent, Antalya
Kaliningrad Stadium is a multifunctional arena with athletic performance sectors, medical center, health club and various commercial venues. Stadium is located at Solnechny Boulevard, 25 (Oktyabrsky Island) and held its grand opening on May 12.
Distance to key objects:
- Khrabrovo Airport — 35 km
- Kaliningrad Southern Station — 4 km
- Kaliningrad Northern Station — 4,4 km
- FIFA 2018 Spectators Festival— 1,5 km
During the World Cup, region will accommodate 15 917 people, including 12 417 in hotels and 3500 in rented apartments.
Hotels to host football teams, media and Organising Committee: Kaiserhof 4*, Radisson Blu 4*, Mercure 3*, Kaliningrad 3*, Tourists 3*, Royal Falke Resort 4*, etc.
Another accommodation option is campings.
- Zelenograd urban district with 200 spaces
- Guriev urban district with 200 spaces
- Lendorf Fort 5a with 100 spaces
What changes were made for city guests’ and spectators’ convenience: signes, “red line” spectators footpath, Kaliningrad region 3D-guide, tourist information office, infokiosks and special tours: Food Goal, Don’t Sle-e-ep and Kissing points.
Branded travel routes were developed in the region:
- fortification route with visits to Königsberg defence works, Teutonic order castles and Christian relics
- amber route for shopping, amber-therapy and SPA
- ecological route with a visit to Kurshskaya Kosa national park and Vishtynetsky nature park
Kaliningrad is ready to accept guests and impress spectators with exciting entertainments!